Aspen Technology, Inc. Sr. Product Management Specialist in Bedford, Massachusetts
The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
Aspen Technology, industry leader in Process Simulation, Engineering and Asset Optimization software is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual as Senior Product Management Specialist, AI Machine Learning focusing on new product initiatives in Engineering reporting to Sr Director of Product Management. The new product initiatives aim at incorporating Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Cognitive Computing into Aspen Engineering suite. The role will include leading the strategic direction of the new products to accelerate customer value and business growth. The Product Manager will also contribute to the overall technical and commercial strategy for Aspen Engineering Suite.
AspenTech’s Engineering suite provides market leading products to optimize the performance of process industry assets across the CAPEX and OPEX cycles and is integrated with AspenTech’s Manufacturing & Supply Chain and Asset Performance Management Suites. AspenTech is industry leader in asset modeling and optimization for the last 35 years creating over $50bn of value for customers in the process industries.
Lead product strategy to conceptualize and develop new products incorporating machine learning, AI and cognitive computing into AspenTech’s ENG suite of products
· Product and technology direction for the new products
· Responsible for product market analysis, business plan, growth projections and financial performance of the new products
· Close working relationship with research and development team to define product requirements and end user scenarios.
· Close working relationship with marketing and sales on a worldwide basis
· Collaborating with customers and translating feedback from the customers into software requirements and product strategy to achieve rapid adoption of the software.
· Engage with early adopters through innovation program to address customer use cases
· Evangelize products within and outside the organization
· A passion for driving adoption and usage of software products and for enhancing work practices.
What You'll Need
· Background in using machine learning, artificial intelligent in delivering value in the process industries
· Good understanding of the end user needs, business drivers and industry practices in process simulation, modeling and optimization. Prior work experience in the use of process simulation and modeling (E.g. HYSYS and Aspen Plus) in process industries will be an advantage
· Excellent communication skills to articulate the product message
· Strong leadership skills with track record in leading successful project, product or business initiatives
· 1-2 years experience developing or deploying machine learning and artificial intelligence-based solutions to address process industry problems.
· Process industry experience in engineering or operations areas
· Prior experience in Product Management is preferred
Education: Minimum masters degree in chemical engineering.
While our impact on the world is big, we offer many of the advantages of a smaller organization. Every employee has a real opportunity to make important contributions that directly benefit our customers and drive our success.
AspenTech is thriving, thanks to our relentless focus on innovation and the dedication of our team of world-class experts who speak more than 10 languages and work in 30 different offices worldwide.
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
GDPR Privacy Notice:
AspenTech collects a range of personal information during the recruitment process.
This may include the following personal or special categories of personal data:
recruitment information such as your application form and resume, references, qualifications and membership of any professional bodies and details of any pre-employment assessments;
your contact details and date of birth;
your marital status and family details;
your identification documents including passport and driver's license and information in relation to your immigration status and right to work with us;
information about your contract of employment (or services) including start and end dates of employment, role and location, working hours, details of promotion, salary (including details of previous remuneration), pension, benefits, and holiday entitlement;
your racial or ethnic origin;
any criminal convictions and offences.