Aspen Technology, Inc. Sr Consultant Engineer in Houston, Texas
The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
AspenTech is seeking a Senior Level position within our Global Professional Services organization based as part of the AspenTech consulting practice in our Houston, Texas office. The position will provide consulting to clients implementing our proprietary Manufacturing Supply Chain software packages – more specifically Petroleum Supply Chain software. The successful individual will join the team as senior consultant member responsible for undertaking consulting services for AspenTech clients in petroleum and chemical industries with opportunities to engage in projects in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific regions.
Senior technical contributor on AspenTech Supply Chain Management implementation projects. This includes:
· Gathering customer requirements and translating those into high-level solution designs for Aspen Petroleum supply chain family (Aspen PIMS, Aspen Petroleum Scheduler, and Aspen Refinery Multi-Blend Optimizer).
· Building, updating, troubleshooting, running, and interpreting planning and scheduling models for plants.
· Deliver technical documents such as Functional Specifications, Detailed Design Documents, as well as Site Acceptance Test Documents
· Be confident, capable and ability to play a proactive role even a leading role on projects. Demonstrate collaboration with AspenTech Project Manager, involving technical to non-technical aspects of the project.
· Formulating business processes to support the systems.
· Working with clients to implement the systems.
· Commissioning the completed systems which may require on site monitoring and analysis.
· Participation in commercial proposal development and testing of software upgrades.
· Provide training as needed to customer or facilitate formal training classes.
What You'll Need
4-8 years of work or graduate programs experience implementing supply chain systems in the process industry.
Linear and integer programming modeling expertise.
Experience with implementation of planning andscheduling heuristics.
Ability to travel (typical 25%-50% travel on a calendar basis).
Process and economic understanding and experience in related field.
Strong technical programming background is a plus.
Experience with systems integration is a nice to have.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated leadership capabilities in previous endeavors
Fluent in English. Bi-lingual skills are a plus
Experience with Aspen Technology PSCsoftware listed above is a plus.
While our impact on the world is big, we offer many of the advantages of a smaller organization. Every employee has a real opportunity to make important contributions that directly benefit our customers and drive our success.
AspenTech is thriving, thanks to our relentless focus on innovation and the dedication of our team of world-class experts who speak more than 10 languages and work in 30 different offices worldwide.
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
GDPR Privacy Notice:
AspenTech collects a range of personal information during the recruitment process.
This may include the following personal or special categories of personal data:
recruitment information such as your application form and resume, references, qualifications and membership of any professional bodies and details of any pre-employment assessments;
your contact details and date of birth;
your marital status and family details;
your identification documents including passport and driver's license and information in relation to your immigration status and right to work with us;
information about your contract of employment (or services) including start and end dates of employment, role and location, working hours, details of promotion, salary (including details of previous remuneration), pension, benefits, and holiday entitlement;
your racial or ethnic origin;
any criminal convictions and offences.